Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Update on Things

Hey all,

Long time no see. :) Things have been going ok for the most part, just been busy with life and my still ailing toe. I had an MRI done, since it was still swollen after 7-8 weeks. Results couldn't confirm if it was infectious or not, so the podiatrist wanted to do surgery to verify, as if it is infected, it could have lasting effects.

Good news is that the fluid wasn't infectious. :) Thank you for all the prayers.

The diagnosis is that in addition to the fluid that was in the joint, there was also gout. They removed it, cleaned it all up, and sent the fluids plus a tiny piece of my bone for analysis. The analysis determined that I have a mild Osteomyelitis. The results show that it isn't too serious, but undetermined if I have to go on antibiotics or not. The doctor was goign to speak with an expert about it, and I'll probably find out what I need to do in my appointment next Wednesday.

Besides my what seems forever foot problem, everything else is going well. Work has been busy, but it is going well, and the people seem to appreciate my work, which is always nice. I also added Twitter to my blog (shamelessly copying Aaron Shust), but since he's pretty cool, it's ok. :P

Talk to you all later.

No comments: