Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just in case you thought I forgot about this blog....

I didn't. :P Just been really busy with work and such (always happens when you go away on trips.). Also been trying to get things more organized, especially my finances. I hired a financial planner yesterday, so looking forward to working with him to try and plan for the future.

Last Saturday, I went to the first youth group service in about 4 years. For those that have known me for a while, I was a youth leader for about 6-7 years, and led my church's youth group until I moved to MA for school. While I was gone, due to some circumstances and other youth moving for college, the group dwindled down and died. I toyed with the idea of starting back up the youth group when I came back in summer of 2007, but it just isn't feasible right now, as we really have only like 4 youth in the 13-20 range. There are quite a bit of younger kids (5-9), so maybe down the line the group can be resurrected.

The youth group was in our sister church, Central Baptist Church, who we used to do join youth group events back in the day. It is a decent size group (about 12-13), and during the service, I felt a sense of nostalgia. Youth group used to be a big part of my life, and there are so many memories from that time.

This upcoming Sunday is kind of exciting. One of my "projects" for church has been to introduce contemporary Christian Music into the worship service to try and break the mold of singing the same old songs over and over. However, the caveat to it is that my church service is in Spanish, so any song I bring I have to translate, and boy, is it difficult to make the lyrics simliar to the original artist while making it sound decent with the melody. The first song I introduced was Christ Tomlin's How Great Is Our God, which turned out to be a huge success. I had people asking me to make copies of the song so they could hear it at home.

This Sunday we will be introducing Aaron Shust's My Savior, My God, personally one of my favorite songs. Pray that all goes well! :)

No comments: